Saturday 12 November 2011

Where's Rose?


Hello world (no exclamation mark this time, you'll find out in a minute)

Sorry I've been MIA on the WWW as of late. Have had a tumultuous couple of weeks on the personal front. You know how it is, when one thing goes right, like the styling of the hair, everything else goes wrong, like the rest of the life.

I won't bore you with the details but rest assured since I'm writing again, things are on the up. And by up I mean a long and painful climb.


So while I've been dealing with serious bouts of melancholy, coupled with endless doctors appointments, I've still managed to consume sinful amounts of macarons, read a great book (The Alchemist) and even enter a few shops.

How'd I manage all of this, in what can mildly be described as some of the worst weeks of my life? Through the encouragement (read nagging) of my wonderful friends. And even though I'd have infinitely preferred the soothing comfort of lying in bed in foetal position, clearly the friends had other plans.

  • Miss D rocked up from Sydney and dragged me (almost kicking and screaming) to our local cafe for tea and sympathy.
  • Miss I had me over for lunch and crafted home made macarons. Did I mention she's a legend?
  • Miss E & A took me to the promised land, the shopping mall.
  • Cousin Rose and his beautiful wife took me to a fancy restaurant and let me order their undivided attention with a side plate of chips (yep that's all I ate, nothing like heartbreak to curb one's appetite, except macarons of course).
Finally, each member of 'da Rose' family (which includes the friends above) have provided unconditional love and support. Can't thank them enough really.

Photos of Miss I's macarons to be posted soon.

Until next time...Rose.









2 comments:

  1. Hugs for you.

    The Alchemist is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely Teak. Looking forward to seeing you again. Maybe we can finally start on that book club. X Rose.

    ReplyDelete