Tuesday 16 April 2013

Daggy awesome dads

Hello world!

Today's post is about my dad, and what a lovely man he is.

Even though he has this insane habit of arriving a half hour early to EVERY event known to mankind, and a general propensity to lecture on boring stuff like superannuation and tax, overall he’s pretty alright.

Plus, I think his general interest in current affairs and history has probably played a big role in cultivating my inquisitiveness (translate - nosey parkerness) and love of ole timey stuff, so I really am thankful to have him in my life.

Speaking of old timey stuff, my dad has also recently joined me on my quest for collecting old skool knick knacks.

Given this, I was really touched when at a recent family dinner; he presented me with a vintage German beer stein from the Tuggeranong Homestead Markets. Inne nice?!



I think the stein/mug pre dates the fall of the Berlin Wall and is quite the collectors item, so thanks dad!
That's all for me today folks, hope ya'll are keepin it real, and say hi to your dad for me, cuz dad’s rule!

Until next time...Rose. xx






4 comments:

  1. Hehehe I think it is hilarious your dad arrives so early to everything! Great find on the beer stein as well! So awesome it comes with such history :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hilarious on paper, but bloody annoying in reality! I spose it hasn't been easy for him having to live with three girls primping before every event. Agree re the stein, def a lot of history! Look forward to your next post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very sweet! Dads can really surprise you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totes agree Maadz! I'm liking the posts on myprettysydney. Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete