Wednesday 22 August 2012

Forget Me Not


Helllloo readers! Apologies a thousand times over for leaving such a long pause between posts. Remember my saying Rose and I share many similarities? Sporadic and intermittent blogging is obviously one of them. Rose mentioned in her previous post that I’ve entered my last semester of uni (yaya!) so unfortunately I’ve gotten a little caught with it. Rest assured though that I have not forgotten you. I am very much looking forward to finishing university but as I approach the end of my five years I’m starting to appreciate it a lot more. It’s dawned on me that I will no longer be able to see my friends every day, spend hours lounging in the sun, or have as many days off as I do. I am currently at uni two days this semester, which means for those whose weeks are 5 days working and 2 day weekends, my weeks are in reverse. I know, I know, it’s a hard life!

The ANU Law School. Have spent as much time on the lawns as I have in the building
 The month of August saw my attending ANU’s annual law ball, which is THE event of the university’s social calendar. You may think I’m kidding but I do not jest. Picture an elaborate online ticketing system where tickets sell faster than a one direction concert, and those who miss out offer their kidney in exchange for a ticket. I’ve attended four out five balls in my years at law school, and this was one of my most enjoyable. Beautiful company, lovely food, and a chance to glam-it-up at the Great Hall in Parliament House, what’s not to enjoy? The ball also gave me a chance to break out my Azzedine Alaia pumps, purchased well over a year ago and the apple of my eye (feet). These are my favourite shoes in a prized shoe collection.

I am a regular Cruella De Vil (but not actually!)



Tiramisu cake served at Law Ball, yum! 
Annnd last but not least here’s my take on The Dark Knight Rises as a reply to Rose’ last post. Are we not the best blogging, movie reviewing sisters the internet has ever seen?! Rhetorical question, don’t answer it, not even in your head. I’ll skip the plot summary as my Sis did a fabu job and go straight to the part where I say I freaking loved the movie!! Everybody enjoys a little superhero action but Christopher Nolan is a wonderful director in being able to imbue all three Batman films with a certain darkness, character development, and emotion which takes the movies well beyond your average superhero flick. The Dark Knight Rises does not disappoint, and unlike Rose I enjoyed it just as much as I did its predecessors. I also had an extremely scary nightmare featuring the villain Bane a few nights later, so trust me the thrills, spills, twists and turns are all in there! 

 
 


Until next time,
Lily

1 comment:

  1. Another fab post, those shoes scare and delight me equally. Xx

    ReplyDelete