Wednesday 27 March 2013

Much ado about nothing # 6

Hello world!

For those of you not living in Aus, sorry to break it to you but we've got yet another long weekend coming up. For those of us in Aus, huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!

So what have I got planned? Plenty.

The fam and I are heading to the big smoke aka Sydney for a long overdue weekend getaway. We're staying at Circular Quay, which means access to the most beautiful harbour in the world, more food than you can poke a fork at, and a trip to the promised land, IKEA. Woot!

I also plan on using my time in Sydney hunting for a collared shirt, because I’m seriously obsessed with them. I know its totes weird, but you know that feeling when you realise something's missing from your wardrobe, and if you find it, your 'style avatar' will be complete? For me it's the collared shirt. 

And just in case I haven't talked enough about collared shirts, check out this sweet one at ModCloth


Also I have to report on what a fabbo weekend I had catching up with Miss E and the LSR ladies.

Hanging out with Miss E always gives me the warm and fuzzies. She is seriously one of the most 'alive' people I have ever met.

I realise, unless you're friends with Casper, most people's friends are um alive, but what I mean is Miss E doesn't just live life, she eats is up.

This is a girl, though currently on Mat Leave,  who still manages to build her own outdoor setting (yep you heard me), run a household, raise a baby, and volunteer as a marketing manager for a not-for-profit org supporting mothers with post and anti natal depression.

Seriously, what a dynamo!

Also, hanging out with the LSR ladies recently, catching the French Film Meet me in Real Life and checking out new Italian restaurant Bicicletta was another reminder of how amazeballs they all are.


The succulent lamb at Bicicletta


Though these women are all unique, what binds them together and makes me gravitate towards them, is their shared capacity for compassion, empathy, excessive laughter and incredible intelligence. 

On that note, here's to the long weekend, excessive laughter, collared shirts and your circle of friends. After all, love, friends, family and um collared shirts, really do make the world (and weekends) go round. So does gravity, I think.



Oh here's a picture of a cat on a hot tin...car (aka my cat Gibi) 

Until next time...Rose. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment