Friday 22 June 2012

Musings on music


Hello world!

My long weekend, which I posted about last was a total anti-climax:-(



Not a single thing went according to plan, which again confirms my suspicion that me and planning are never going to be BFF's.

On the flip side, the very weekend after the one which I whipped myself into a frenzy for, ended up being far more productive. I finally purchased a beautiful strawberry coloured throw, inspired by the vibrant colours of Jonathan Adler, and two new cushions, one of which features my favourite city in the world. Photos soon.
Ok now onto the title of my post. Look I know you must be thinking "why the feck have I clicked onto a post titled 'Musings on music', when all I've read so far is a rant on planning and something about throws" but wait my children, there is a point.


While I will never downgrade the pleasure of purchasing beautiful objects, my newest discovery (new to me anyway) kinda transcends the mere material. You see, I first heard of Joni Mitchell's music, through the teeny bop haze that was my teens.

Even though it was a sample in a long forgotten Janet Jackson song, I never really forgot the beautiful melody in her voice. Even though many years went by before I had the pleasure of hearing her music again, now in my twenties, with easy access to high speed internet, and well...better taste, I've discovered the majesty that is Joni Mitchell.

I hope you love her as much as I do:




Until next time...Rose. xx









No comments:

Post a Comment