Wednesday 18 July 2012

Dining & Styling


Hello world,

It’s Lily again with my much awaited second post. I say much awaited as Rose literally just texted me with ‘oi when u doin your post?’ I’d like to say this was due to the magnificence of my first entry, but it’s more likely due to the fact that I should have gotten this entry up a while ago, apologies! Last week saw me babysitting Little Rose (thanks to sister for her kind words in ‘the perfect tableau’ and yes I am a fabulous Aunt), attending the wedding of my best friend (await my next post) and falling ill with a cold (resulting in a general desire not to use my brain). However, with a little encouragement from a good friend, a day of rest, and the soothing sounds of Amy Winehouse I’m ready to discuss all things dine-y and style-y. 




Adore Tea in Gold Creek is a place I’ve been dying to visit, so lucky for me I recently went there and avoided the slow death that catches people who don’t have enough flavoured tea in their system. Jokes aside, sipping delicious tea by a cosy fireplace was the perfect way to pass a wintery Canberra afternoon. I sampled the apple and cinnamon, whilst my lovely friend Miss A enjoyed the coconut. They also have a range of sweet treats on the menu which I got a good look at given the waiters kept bringing us food we did not order (I had a plate of waffles waved temptingly under my nose TWICE). Adore Tea features local jazz bands on Sunday afternoons, so this coupled with the delightful tea makes it a place I will definitely be revisiting.



As Rose mentioned I also visited Soju Girl in the same week she did, word of good restaurants in Canberra gets round fast. Collectively we sampled the zucchini flowers, cauliflower flowerets, soft shell crab, tiger prawns, and whole baby snapper with chilli jam. Please note that minus the snapper the rest of these were small plates to share as my friends and I are not training to eat as much as Matt Preston. We really enjoyed all the food, particularly the snapper as the chilli jam was to die for! Soju Girl has an extensive menu and I’m already looking forward to going back there, I’ve got my eye on their wagyu carpaccio. The other thing I loved about Soju Girl was the interior and ambiance of the place. We sat at their communal table where you’re seated on stools at the four corners of a large table across from other diners. It was a fun way to dine but just a tip, it’s not suitable if your party is more than four people. J


 
Moving onto other topics, one thing you must know about me is that I love my online shopping. And I mean LOVE. I recently needed my clutch collection updated before abovementioned wedding, so onto Google I went with the complex search term ‘online clutches.’ This is how I discovered Style Tread (http://www.styletread.com.au/) and picked up the two goodies you see here. I’ve always been a fan of Olga Berg and I went with these two because I wanted some staples that could be pulled out to go with any outfit. The black retails for $49.95 where I paid $24.90 while the silver retails for $29.95 and I paid $14.90.  When I say bargain, you say yes!







 









When it comes to the Kardashians style is not something that comes to mind. That being said sometimes inspiration can come from unexpected places, which is why I was surprised when I found I really liked Kourtney K’s outfit above. I used her outfit as inspiration when putting together my ensemble below, which are both pieces I had purchased online a while before and had not thought to combine. The next time you get some fashion inspiration take a look through your wardrobe, because you may just have exactly what you need!



 
 
Posing with Miss G in Urban Outfitters blouse with vintage skirt

Until we meet again,
Lily xx



3 comments:

  1. Great post Lily. Dining and styling make a fantastic combination! Now, awaiting wedding details in the next post!

    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V glad you enjoyed. Will get next post up asap :)

      Lily

      Delete
  2. whoah this weblog is great i love studying your posts.
    Keep up the good work! You know, a lot of
    individuals are searching around for this info, you can aid them greatly.



    Here is my site :: payday cash advances

    ReplyDelete