Sunday 15 July 2012

The perfect tableau

Hello world!

It's Rose here. I'm on my first day of school holiday duties for Petite Rose. Last week my beloved sister Lily took the honours and I am ever so grateful.

Lily as well as being a wonderful sister is just about the perfect aunt. If ever there was a relationship built on mutual admiration and love, it's Lily and Little Rose. From the moment Little Rose was born, she's been absolutely besotted with her aunt. Perhaps it's an age thing, I mean which little girl doesn't want a glamorous younger aunt who showers her with maternal love and presents.

I think however with these two it goes deeper than that. Although my mother (and father for that matter) have always doted on Little Rose, and the Husband and I are generous and loving (as well as firm!) the relationship with Lily is that of kindred spirits.









That's why on her first day with me, after having spent a whole week with her beloved, I'm under the pump to produce a similar week filled with jaunty outings ( they went to the movies and The Portrait Gallery for macarons) brain development (Lily somehow managed to squeeze in daily sessions of Maths and English and made it fun!) and exercise (joint sessions of Yoga).

Sheesh! Are you sensing why Lily holds the title of world's favourite aunt?!

Anyway, while I will probably never be able to recreate the time Little Rose had with Lily, and I wouldn't want to as it's unique to their special relationship, I am planning on taking time this week to do the things I've been putting (kinda subconsciously) on hold for a while. Working full time and running a family can do that to ya.

So this week the plan of attack is:

  • bond with the Little One

  • smell the roses (as part of my weekly ritual of fresh flowers for the house)

  • take a deep breath and a step back by actually doing some meditation

  • watch the new Batman, because I am a huge Christopher Nolan fan, Christian Bale is my fantasy husband and I haven't lived up to my cinema lover status in a while, and finally

  • start saving for my new dining table ( hence the title of post).

Currently as it stands, I have a lovely but wholly impractical glass dining table which seats four. So if the Husband and I ever host a dinner party, I literally cannot have more than two people over.


Said table

Plus as lovely as the glass looks against my mismatched fabric and Windsor chairs, it's a pain in the bum to keep clean. Henceforth I have decided I must procure a bigger more solid dining table to host a dinner for six, and one which doesn't require glass cleaner every other day!

Fortunately, I think I've found the One on the fabo furniture website Sokol:

http://www.sokol.com.au/products/288/dining-tables/replica-xavier-pauchard-tolix-dining-table/

So here's to the perfect table for the perfect tableau!


Until next time...Rose. xx





    

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved this post Rose! Also, I completely concur with everything you said about Batman, Christopher Nolan and and Mr Christian Bale. Seeing the movie Saturday night. Very excited!

    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Miss V! I am practically having conniptions thinking about Batman, and I see you have exquisite taste as you too concur! Have a fabo time Saturday night. Let's await with bated breath eh?! xx Rose.

      Delete