Wednesday 3 October 2012

Malaysia Truly Asia


Hello world! 

It’s Lily here back from a fantastic Malaysian adventure. I’m sorry I did not bid adieu before I left but now I’m home I’m ready to share some of my wonderful experiences. My trip to Malaysia was the result of a hasty decision made by my good friend Miss G and I, after we found sale fares online and decided on the spot that we wanted to do a week long holiday in the middle of our semester break. Here’s to spontaneity! The holiday was fabulous, with us spending four nights in Kuala Lampur doing all things touristy, and three nights in Langkawi doing all things beachey, pool sidey, and loungey. Here is a selection of some holiday snaps. I want to note at the outset that my pictures may be dominated by food, but a wish to indulge in delicious Malaysian cuisine was half the reason we went on holiday...and indulge we did! :) 



Clockwise -fresh coconut juice, cheese and garlic naan, chilli crab (which was to die for!) 

Just in case you were getting hungry here is a picture of fish nibbling at our feet

G browsing in one of the many wonderful markets in KL 



Antique Tea House where we sipped authentically brewed green tea  





Vegetable Roti 

Chilli snapper, the deliciousness of which cannot be described 


Clockwise - beautiful Langkawi as seen from our hotel, on a yacht, and atop a mountain courtesy of a ride in cable cars
 

Whilst I would have loved to share all of my photos, I hope these snaps give you a taste of what we did. I haven't included all the wonderful photos from the temples, mosques, museums, monuments, and palace, but I can assure you Malaysia has a rich culture which we loved exploring.

Upon my return home I couldn't stop singing the praises of my holiday to Rose, which I believe I did successfully as the sister is now planning a Malaysian holiday of her own! Until next time.

Xx, Lily

1 comment:

  1. Somebody necessarily help to make seriously articles I'd state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular submit extraordinary. Excellent task!

    my site ... zip cash advance

    ReplyDelete