Tuesday 20 November 2012

Me want your style ( update)

Hello world!

Given the tag line of this blog, lovers of couture and all that, Lily and I are often caught waxing lyrical re the sartorial choices of the people around us, and our style icons.

Like most things in life, we have very similar taste and pretty much see eye to eye on most things fashion-ey.

Having said that, I definitely lean towards the more quirky, boho, vintage look, while Lil'z is much more streamlined, often teaming classic tailoring with lux accessories, which sometimes can be a far better choice, as my affinity towards the quirky has sometimes seen me fall victim to some pretty horrendous trends - hello 80's revival ala ra ra skirts and neon off the shoulder tops, shame on you Rose, shame, shame, shame.

Anyhoo, before I embarrass myself further, here are my fave style icons:

Zooey Deschanel
Oh how I love thy whimsical style with your oh so perfect bangs


Love the fabric.
 .

My favourite city in Europe for style is defo London. Having visited Europe for the first time earlier this year, I was in awe of the place. The people of France and Italy were all so beautiful, and reeked of such glamour, that it figuratively hurt my eyes.

But, there's something about London. I think it was seeing the experimentation with colours and textures which really grabbed me. Plus as a lover of face art, I loved that the ladies were so bold with their make up.


Brit girl Lily Allen. Fellow wearer of winged eyeliner and lover of vintage.


Speaking of Brits, I have to give a shout out to one of my favourite designers of all time and fashion royalty, Vivienne Westwood.



Could a dress get any cooler?! 


Again, as someone who leans towards the Avant Garde (and melodrama) I really don't think they make em any better than Ms Westwood. I recently saw some of Ms Westwood's pieces at The National Gallery of Australia and my was I in love. Plus, I was insane enough to purchase a Westwood bag when I went to Hong Kong in 2008 (pre mortgage). I don't take it out very often but I'll treasure it forever.


The rest of my style icons in no particular order:


Gwen Stefani
Love her funky vintage/punk style and ever present red lip.



If I was a rich girl...I'd buy your wardrobe.



Sonam Kapoor

Indian Bollywood actress, Sonam Kapoor, is considered one of the most stylish women of India. Here's why.

Are y'all sensing I might like a red lip?
 

Chloe Sevigny
The ultimate fashionista, blending quirk with couture.

Can I have your pins?


Michelle Williams
While it's hard to look away from her beautiful face, I love how she keeps it simple, focusing on beautiful tailoring and sweet delicate details.


This Vera Wang dress is one of my ultimates.


UPDATE!

I forgot to mention Miroslava Duma, the former Russian fashion editor, now storming the fashion pages with her bold, eclectic and oh so expensive wardrobe. While I wouldn't dream of attempting her look I am defo intrigued.

 

Until next time...Rose. xx














1 comment:

  1. My 2y.o niece climbed under the Vivienne Westwood wedding dress "to have a better look" when it was on display at the NGA 20 odd years ago - lets just say the guards were not impressed.

    Love your style Miss Rose.

    ReplyDelete