Monday 12 November 2012

Self fulfilling crockery


Hello world!

I'm writing to you on this most lovely of evenings. As I sit on the deck, with the Husband cooking dinner on the bbq, and Little Rose scooting around on her bike, I can't help but feel pretty darn thankful.



Said deck, all tarted up.


With Christmas approaching and life in general winding down, I'm starting to go the way of Deepak Chopra, reflecting on the year that's been and making tentative plans for the one ahead.

Although many of my 2012 goals haven't really materialised (hello knitting scarf and starting post grad uni) I'm still determined to finish these projects.

You see that's the thing about self fulfilling prophesies. If I were my usual self, I'd probably be stewing in a pool of disappointment, bemoaning my inability to finish anything. But I’ve come to realise, it's this very act of self pity that stops me from progressing whatever it is I've started in the first place.

Come 2013 and 2014 and 2015 and 2016...( I'm guessing you know where I'm going with this) I'm determined to keep pursuing whatever goals I've set for myself, but instead of focusing on a finite and arbitrary time limit, I'm just going to go with the flow and enjoy the process of doing something as much as ending up at the finishing line.

So there it is friends, Rose aka Deepak Chopra’s lesson for 2012, self fulfilling prophesies are just that, something which you (the self) have control over. So let’s raise a cyber glass to that old proverb 'it's always better to have tried and bombed then to have succeeded and acted like an ass' or something.

Speaking of glasses, I recently procured the cutest tea/coffee cups. As an ardent lover of polka dots, these Maxwell and Williams cups have been on my wish list for quite a while. So what better excuse to buy them than ‘we’re having people over for an afternoon bbq and what’s an afternoon bbq without polka dotted cups?’.



 

Well that’s about it from me today, folks. Until next time...Rose. xx



    
 

1 comment: