Monday 26 November 2012

Style Icons, Iconic Style


Hello Hello,

As promised it’s Lily here to share some of my style icons. When Rose informed she wanted us to post about our icons, I have to admit I had a little brain freeze, nobody instantly popped into mind! Now this isn't because I don’t follow the fashion pages, as I have an unhealthy tendency to go straight to the ‘fashion’ tab on any website. No, my brain freeze was due to the fact that I take inspiration from many places. I dress according to my mood. Some days I might want to look very prim accompanied by the go to pearl studs, and other days I am all about printed trousers and chunky necklaces. That being said, here goes my list of icons... 


I couldn't write a post about icons and not start with Audrey Hepburn . So chic, so timeless, so classic,  she is the quintessential lady of style.
Evidence of my love for the classic, tailored look - I had the same dress made in 3 different colours


Above is Giovanna Battaglia, fashion editor at L'Uomo Vogue and W. I adore everything this woman puts on, and she may be my ultimate icon as she changes her look from day to day, sometimes fun, sometimes chic, sometimes bold. The black and blue skirt to the right is a copy of Giovanna's skirt which I had tailored in Vietnam. I am yet to wear it, as I want to find a top which will make the outfit as fabulous as her's (unfortunately I am not a 6 foot tall former model, so the bar has been set pretty high.)


When I mentioned I liked Emma Stone's style to Rose, she was a little dubious. I hope these outfits can convince her. I love the statement shoe on the left, and the print and sleeves of her dress on the right. Emma's outfits are actually a perfect example of when I say my inspiration comes from many places. While I wouldn't say Emma is an icon of mine, both these numbers struck a cord with me, so they were neatly put away in my style file. We can put Emma down as a watch this space.

                                     


Jason Wu Spring RTW 2013 - I am a big fan of his designs 

Carolina Herrera Winter 2012 collection - I always like her clothes, they have that classic timeless quality 
I hope that gives you an insight into my style and icons, as Rose said she is the boho to my tailored. That being said, the attack of the Sisteritis never fails to rear its heard, as both Gwen Stefani and Chloe Sevigny came to mind when I was thinking of icons, but Rose had already nabbed them!

Until next time,

Xx Lily

1 comment:

  1. Great post little missy. I can certainly see your influences now. I do love those dresses on Emma Stone, although I much prefer her as a red head!

    ReplyDelete