Monday 17 December 2012

He sells seafood by the sea shore


Hello hello!

It’s Lily here, inspired by Rose’s recent posts to provide a culinary update. To celebrate graduation, my friends and I went to the coast, with Mollymook being our chosen destination. Mother nature was not in our favour as we spent approximately 30 minutes on the beach in freezing wind which whipped sand against our legs (I never knew sand could be so vicious!). That being said, the culinary gods were definitely in our favour when we dined at Rick Stein’s at Bannisters. I had high expectations going in, given how Rick Stein is hailed in the celebrity chef/reality cooking/ABC programming world. I’m very pleased to report that my expectations were met!

Scallops with toasted hazelnuts and coriander butter, so delicious! 

Lobster Raviolo. Delicious mouthfuls of soft lobster encased in  pasta

Fried snapper in a spicy chilli sauce, this dish had some punch

Fish pie, crispy on the outside, creamy deliciousness on the inside 



Can never resist a creme brulee


The world really owes the person that made the first chocolate fondant 

I have officially started drooling in the course of writing this post. One of my highlights of the meal was a seaweed butter which was served with the bread, I don't know how to describe it but I can still distinctly taste it on my tongue. The restaurant itself was lovely, with doors opening out to a deck by the ocean. The only let down were mosquitoes which flew in and attacked during dinner. As much as I loved the indoor/outdoor setting, being forced to put on aeroguard at the dinner table kinda detracts from the ambiance. That aside though, the food was fabulous and I would go back any day of the week!

Lily xx



3 comments:

  1. Oh my, do I have food envy or what! The fish, pie, the scallops, the lobster, the fondant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delish! You need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diablo,

    Thanks for your comment, really happy to hear you're enjoying the posts :) we really enjoy sharing little tid bits with everyone! xx

    ReplyDelete