Saturday 29 December 2012

Tis the season


Hello world!

And so here we are yet again, another year almost past. Hope you’ve all enjoyed, or are still enjoying, a blissful holiday season. I know I am!

Though Christmas 2012 may be gone, its spirit is still lingering in the house of Rose, thanks to a turkey load of left-over turkey. And while I would love to fill these pages with scores of leftover turkey recipes (think turkey omelette, turkey pie, turkey breast stuffed with turkey, turkey mince, shall I go on?) I shall restrain myself and instead share with you my “other” favourite moments of Christmas 2012.
 

My love of decorating really went into overdrive this Christmas, with the perfect summer Christmas dinner planned. Up went the fairy lights on the deck, accented by yellow and white lanterns, down came the table setting with plum tree ferns and traditional red poinsettia’s, pop would go the beautiful French bon bons and...belly up would go all these plans come Christmas day, because lo and behold, mother nature decided to literally rain on my parade. Boo!

So while the much longed for outdoor dinner was never to be, here’s a glimpse of the festive table on the day:



 

Quick tip, if you’re looking to create an abundant centrepiece without splashing out on an enormous flower arrangement, why not use potted flowering plants, ferns and other au natural products
i.e candles, to create a decor fit for an...abundant centrepiece!    

I also have to confess that I did very well the Christmas present front.

A quick rundown of my kitty includes, my beloved Lily gifting me with the gorgeous interior design book Couture Interiors by Marnie Fogg. Though the Husband may have his faults (as we all do), present giving is not one of them. See glimpse of black and white stripey ballet flats and cute doggy slippers, courtesy of Country Road and eponymous sleepwear label, Peter Alexander below.  
 

Our family’s collective love of Paris and Manhattan extended to my present giving, with Lily receiving a pin from the recent Toulouse Lautrec exhibition and a pillow with references to the streets of Manhattan, and the Husband receiving a block of salted caramel chocolates, straight from the chocolatiers of France.





These items were also a reminder of our amazing holiday last year, which saw us visit these wonderful cities as one big fat family (Lily, me, our mum and dad, Petite Rose and the Husband). And while it was an unforgettable trip, it was all the more special because of the people I got to share it with. So, on that note, here’s to all your families in all its crazy shapes and forms, and a safe and happy New Year shared with those you love!

Until 2013...Rose. xx

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you enjoyed a very stylish Christmas - love the CR shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my darling Teak. It appears we had very similar summer holidays, with Hobbit watching and all. Loving the Centenary of Canberra posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like reading an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!


    Feel free to visit my blog :: nice article

    ReplyDelete