Thursday 17 January 2013

Back to reality



Hello world,

As Eminem once said...it's back to reality (ohp that goes gravity) for Da Rose. It's my first five day week at work after Christmas and let me tell ya, it ain’t pretty.

While being a work isn’t always super fun, my spirits are definitely kept alive through my weekly ritual of arranging fresh flowers for the house.

My friend, M, who is also a blogger (check out here:)  has the most amazing garden. Plus, as she lives literally down the road, I’m always popping over to drink in the deliciousness of  it.

Luckily for me, her garden, along with a myriad of other plantation, houses sweet clumps of my favourite flower, the hydrangea. Here they are sitting in my first ever teapot (one of many in my ever expanding collection).




On the Radio

Other spirit lifters for me this week, include the awesome British band, Everything Everything. Their album Arc is currently the feature album on Aussie Radio Station Triple J, and I’m loving listening to their sweet tunes on the way to, and from work this week.

There’s something so wonderful about discovering new music, or in this case, seeing a band who you’ve admired for a while, come into other people’s consciousness.


Everything Everything

This brings me to my resolution of  indulging in as much music and cinema as I can this year.

At the movies
Next on the reel is Katherine Brigalow’s, Zero Dark Thirty. I was, pardon the pun, blown away by her last (Oscar winning) movie The Hurt Locker, so am super excited to catch it when it comes out end of this month. I'm also hoping to see it at Canberra's newest premium cinema, the Palace Electric.

The Palace, located in the uber cool Nishi building in New Acton, will offer a range of cinema, including hopefully excellent, independent, arthouse and world films It is also hosting the Canberra Italian Film Festival, which I am super excited about. Check out info on the Palace and the Italian Film Festival here.

Well that’s all for now folks!


Until next time…Rose. xx




2 comments:

  1. I love this teapot/vase idea! Such pretty flowers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Rachi! Tea pots such interesting pieces of ceramic ware, I think it's a shame to hide them and only use for them for pouring tea.

    xx

    ReplyDelete