Tuesday 29 January 2013

I bought a zoo...I mean a sofa!

Hello world!

Just wanted to report what a lovely weekend I've just had. Even though it was a relatively short long weekend (stay with me) as in only one extra day off, I had just enough leisure time, combined with fun outings as to render me very very satisfied.

I also bought some stuff, some much needed, other's catering to my horrible shopping addiction, like the cardi below, courtesy of Aussie discount store, Big W.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I love Big W knits. Seriously, for a fraction of the price of high street labels, you get really good quality, comfortable knits. I paired my new purchase with my favourite polka dot dress from my trip to London last year, thanks Topshop!

See, my love for polka dots also extends to my wardrobe.



Since Lily has recently moved out of our parents’ home (which I'm sure she'll be reporting on soon, right Lilz?!) we thought it only fair (and kinda convinient) to off load some of our old furniture, including my beloved Ikea (Ektorp) two seater which previously sat in our study/den.

But, in its place now sits this super funky 1950's vinyl sofa, purchased by the Husband. 

Even though it's not something I would normally jump on (I mean this is a metaphorical sense unlike Tom Cruise), it looks wonderful our home. As I've said in the past, your home is where your heart is, and I think it should be a reflection of you.

So the Husband, who cites Frank Lloyd Wright as one of his architectural hero's and loves furniture from his era, is chuffed to have this sitting proudly in our home.  


For those in Aus, hope you're all enjoying your short week, and for those sitting in faraway lands, sending good vibes for the one ahead. Until next time...Rose. xx


2 comments:

  1. Love the sofa Rose, certainly reflects your style!

    xx

    Maadz
    myprettysydney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maadz, credit has to go to the Husband but it is nice to mix our styles as long as it,s harmonious!

    ReplyDelete