Tuesday 22 January 2013

DYI dreams



Hello world!

Inspired by my darling friend M (who is a prolific DIY'er) and MacGyver I have started my first ever DIY project.

I bought these chairs, featured here years ago and had always planned to revive them with a bit of colour.

It's still a work in progress as you can see by the uneven paint job, but after trying various colour combos (all white, all red, green and white etc) I've finally settled on white with dinky red arms.


We've also added more colour to our deck thanks to a vertical garden created by my very own husband. He's a bit clever I have to admit. All courtesy of a few planks of wood, a drill, some terracotta pots and wire!


My next DIY gig is wallpapering Little Rose's room. I love Cath Kidston patterns, but not the prices! so I'm thinking something like the stripes below.


Check out another of my creative friends recent dinner spread, complete with tissue paper pom poms and self dyed crochet tablecloth:



Even though I've been scared of DIY for years, it's amazing what you can do with a lick of paint and some imagination!

It may not be perfect (ever in my case) but at least it's a reflection of you!

Happy DYI'ing.

Until next time...Rose. xx


4 comments:

  1. Love love love the wall paper for Little Rose - and you can't expect to be a Martha overnight, keep at your DIY'ing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teak, plus I can always get tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love your house so can't wait to see the wallpaper completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love your eclectic taste M and all your wonderful DIY pieces. I expect to see a blog post on this in the future! And yes, promise to post wallpaper fotos once finished. xx

    ReplyDelete