Tuesday 12 February 2013

Flowers on the wall

Hello world!

This week’s post is all about flowers, both literal and metaphorical.

I love flowers, I like them in the garden, freshly cut in a vase, I like them on fabric, and I like being one.




Cue screech to a halt noise. Say what?? She likes 'being' a flower, lady be cray cray.

What I mean in my own weird way is that I like being a wallflower.

Wikipedia defines wallflowers as people who are inherently shy but once you get to know them, they are like the definition of awesome...

And even though many people, including some of my closest friends are still shocked by my admission of wallflowerness, it's how I've always rolled.

Like I said, it's not like I'm a total anti-social pariah or something, it's just I'd much rather stand back against the wall and observe people than be the female incarnation of Redfoo, know what I mean?

Anyway, all this talk of walls has reminded me that I recently papered one. You know so that I could stand against it, being a wallflower and all.

 The Husband doing the leg work.
 The result.

Even though I have no segway, here's some snapshots of my Birthday.



I gots me a coffee machine from super store Aldi. Now I get cafe quality coffee right at home and get to be even more manic. Yaya!


The Husband took me to the Nishi building at New Acton. Check out the amazing wooden frame that envelops most of the multi story building. It's so post modern and awesome, I really love it.

 We also went to Lonsdale Street Traders, a unique warehouse space that houses a whole range of groovy pop up stores.


 Cute vintage clothing store Hipsley Lane  is one of the many groovy stores in the Traders. I would have bought a dress had I been able to try one on. It was 38 degrees (again) and none of the stores had air conditioning. Stinkin summer!

  
On that happy note, I'mma say Sayonara.

Until next time...Rose. xx











3 comments:

  1. I love this post; you are one funny "wallflower"! :) That wallpaper is SO pretty, everything in that corner just looks like it's out of a magazine! Hope you had a lovely b'day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Miss Rachi! I did have a lovely birthday, even though the world was trying to cook me alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you tied in the 'wall' and 'flower' in this blog - such a gifted writer you are!!
    x

    ReplyDelete