Friday 8 February 2013

Much ado about nothing #4

Hello world!

Firstly, no photos this week, cuz I'm working off my tablet and the uploady thingie sucks.

Well what a week it's been. I've had a totally crazy, but incredbly satisfying week at work.

Even though work can sometimes be a total drag, I do actually get to do some pretty kool stuff.

I work in a policy area that focusses on young people, and this week I got to meet some amazing examples from rural and regional Australia (check out their stories on the ABC's Heywire website) and the 2013 Young Australian of the Year, Akram Azimi, who is like a social justice warrior, slash, poet, slash, ball of awesomeness.

Plus, I got to hang out at Parliament House and score free food all week, so yeah, it was the shiz.

Oh and the other thing, I turned 29...which I am like totally kool about...:-S

Ok it's not that bad, and before any of you get all "age is just a number, you're only as old as you feel" my freakout isn't so much about the number, as it is about what lies ahead.

I know I said in my earlier posts that I would  learn to 'chill', but dammit I still like to plan!

It's really hard to go with da flow when you're a born control freak. But whatevs.

I'm not going to turn vegetarian and save the world before I turn the big 3-0 but it would be good to accomplish something (anything!!!) in what is officially, according to the Commonwealth definition, my last year of youth.

So, with that sobering statement, I bid you adieu. I will post on actual happenings next week, and Lilz has promised to post on her move as soon as she secures the net in her pad!

Until next time..Rose. xx








4 comments:

  1. “You are as young as you feel. If you begin to feel the warmth of your soul, there will be a youthfulness in you that no one will be able to take away from you.”
    John O'Donohue

    Forget the Commonwealth definition Rose. Hope you had a good bday!
    Maadz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you :), approaching the Saturn Cycle birthday is an exciting time of change.

    You have already achieved a lot more than many people of your young years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my darling friends. I agree it,s a potentially exciting, yet daunting time! Will I ever feel like a grownup ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grownups imply you have finished growing - I think it should be an endless journey :)
    Love you babe and think you are more fabulous with each passing year xx

    ReplyDelete