Thursday 28 February 2013

Friday Face Art

Hello world!

Another quick one today.

Just lately I've noticed something very unusual about me. It appears the more craptacular my week, the brighter my lips.



That's me with the unfocused eyes and fuchsia lips.

Weird I know, but it's true. All this week, I was dreading going to the doctors, because the doc wanted to discuss the results of my recent blood tests. Turns out everything is fine, but um when a doc says he needs to see me after a test, my mind generally goes straight to the hospice.

Anyway, to cheer myself up, I've been wearing the brightest lipsticks known to man kind. I know it's totes weird, but I feel like, even if the world's falling apart, if I can manage to pull out the red lippie, I'll be ok.


Which brings me to the topic of lipsticks.

Now I know lipstick scares a lot of women, but if worn correctly, I think it brings so much femininity and glamour to a look.

I mean really, all women are beautiful, so why not enhance it with some trout pout.

My favourite lipstick of all time is courtesy of Aussie brand Chi Chi. Stocked in MYER, Chi Chi is one of few brands that still do a fantastic matte lip. I know we've been on a decade long love affair with pinky/peach lip gloss, but it's time to move on people, we're not in high school anymore! (and if you are, then um, carry on)

CHI CHI VIVA LA DIVA LIPSTICK
Brick Red / Matte

Femme Fatale
Buy it here:


Even if your lips aren't cut out for the hard stuff, try a creamy lip in a soft hue, like this Loreal Colour Riche below.

Loreal Colour Riche Toffee & Chocolate, buy it here:


Anyway, that's all I've got for today folks! Happy lip smacking.

Until next time...Rose. xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of lipstick wearer, Rose, I mostly wear my faithful lucas pawpaw treatment... but maybe I'll have to pull out some sultry red when I'm feeling down!

    xox
    Maadz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a red lippie would look amazing against your glossy dark mane. Maybe a mug shot on myprettysydney?! xx

    ReplyDelete